Saturday, July 3, 2010

Weaverville, California

My dad grew up in Weaverville, California. So, from the Redwoods, we drove in land over Buckhorn through Weaverville on to Redding. Let me tell you, it is a very windy mountain road!

Several of the pictures you will see are from places where my dad used to live in Weaverville. For the most part, all the houses he lived in are no longer there. I'm glad for my dad because now they are just bad memories that have become ghosts.

My dad has a really amazing story of redemption. One day while he was walking into town with his buddies, a street evangelist stopped him and shared the good news of Jesus. For me, this is an amazing story of God's adoptive love for us. I think about my dad and where he was compared to where I am today. If it hadn't been for the street evengelist talking to my dad at age 17, I'm not sure where I would be today. It is so clear to me that God has also adopted me and that I belong to God's family. It is also very clear to me that God has been pursuing my dad and has had a special care for him even up to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment