Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day Three: The Epic Jouney Begins

This morning I woke up, made coffee, and sat on our "palapa" (what we call our little sitting/table area) on the front porch. I won't sit there for a long time so I wanted to soak it in.

The sun was edging around the Berend's home and making the maple leaves sparkle. I was enveloped in the warmth of the midwest morning (which I have come to love).

Jacob went for a 3 mile run up the Monon. I tagged along on our bike. Some friends stopped by to spend time with Jenny and wish her goodbye. I played with Jackie and Amos (Partain) in the sandbox (he loves heavy equipment so I pulled some of the boys old backhoes and dumptrucks out).

Later in the morning I cut Jacob's hair. I cut it short in back, and kept it longer on top. He doesn't like it, but I think it looks great.

We've done some last bits of packing and cleaning, but, for the most part it has been a relaxing morning.

We'll miss our home and friends in Indy.

We fly to England tonight at 6:00pm.

- Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment