Monday, March 29, 2010

Bed and Breakfast/Hotel reservations done

This morning I reserved the last Bed and Breakfast needed for the Great Britain leg of our epic family road trip. This one I am especially excited about. It is the North Inn, Pendeen, on the south west coast of England.

For many years I have longed to go on a walking tour along the coast of England. By God's grace, that is going to be a reality. We will be going by train from Bath to Penzance. Then from Penzance to Land's End (the westernmost point of England) by bus. At Land's End we will begin our walking tour. Land's End to Sennen Cove is about 1.2 miles. From Sennen Cove to Pendeen is about 9 miles. I'm hoping our whole family can walk this with me.

That night, June 15th, we will stay at the North Inn.

The next morning I (and anyone brave enough to join) will hike from Pendeen to St. Ives. This is about 14 miles and some of the toughest, most remote, most hilly, most rugged terrain on the south west coast past. (http://www.southwestcoastpath.com/).

Anyway, I'm glad to have all our B & Bs/Hotel plans firmed up.

-Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment